- True. It did take twenty five years to build the Great Pyramid.
Not surprising if you think that each block weighs at least two tonnes.
- True. They did have 20 types of jelly. Henry VIII's parties were famous for huge amounts of food. Some of his meals lasted for seven hours!
- True. The Vikings thought that lying and cheating were good qualities for becoming fine warriors.
- True. The Aztecs recipe for chocolate eventually made it's way here.
Luckily we don't have to sacrifice humans to get a mars bar!
- False. Don't be silly - of course horses can't fly - (except if they've got their flying license).
- True. The Parthanon was originally painted Blue and Red!
- True. The Taj Mahal was built to keep the dead body of Mumtaz Mahal.
Her husband, Shah Jahan was added when he died. (not before!)
- False. England didn't even have bananas 100 years ago, let alone 1500.
- True. The Greeks invented a steam engine. Unfortunately, they couldn't think of a use for it!
- False. It was Henry VIII who had six wives. Not Henry VI who had eight.
How did you do?
If you have any interesting facts that you think people would like to hear,
then email the Professor